What wording do you like best?
Core?
Level?
Core I=everyone, 1st contact
Core II=someone in building, 2nd contact
Core III=a phone call away, 3rd contact
Core IV=requiring someone to repair such techical problem such as out of order equipment
I see Core used often but it does not sound right to me. I like Level.
Level I indicates the patron will be answered on the 1st contact with a staff member; everyone needs to know this.
Level II indicates the 1st staff person asked may have to get someone else in the building to answer the question. There will always be someone in the building who can answer level II. In some cases every staff member may have to know level II; if they are working alone.
Level III indicates the questions my require contacting someone outside the building or the patron may be called back in 24 hours or next working day(we will have to assign a time). This may be a reference question that requires research. The staff person will get the information and pass it on; the patron should received a call .........
Level IV is probably not a patron question. This is probably a techical problem requiring someone to do something. Call a copier tech. It could be an ILL request because there is only one person who does this.
This is just my ramblings. Please click respond and ramble with me.
-jackie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you about using Core. It has a negative connotation in that if we believe we are lacking in one area, then we have failed somehow. Level just seems nicer. Btw, are we looking at a date of any kind to put these competencies into play? This is a serious training issue for Main, Coats, and AC if we are all going to be on the same page.
ReplyDeleteThis would be up to Cathey. I hope that we can have written plan an that is will be implemented. To do this I beleive it needs to be policy; board approved. It may have to go through HR. But most places use it for hiring, evaluations and training. I beleive if not then it is not taken seriously.
ReplyDelete-j