Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Example of a well designed competency

Elements of a well designed competency
a. Category (OPAC, Circulation, Copier, Email, Computer, Applications, NCLIVE, Internet)

b. Elements or Tasks (Knowledge, Skill, Teach, Attitude)
(K) Knows the OPAC is what is used to find materials in the library.
(S) Can use the OPAC to find materials in the library
(T) Can show others how to use the OPAC to find material in the library.
(A) Is enthusiastic about showing others to use the OPAC.

c. Level of Competency – who should know it
Core I – everyone
Core II – one person in the building at all times
Core III – someone you can reach in a phone call and get answer immediately
Core IV – someone will do laterExample of a well designed Competency:



Example of a well designed Competency:

OPAC

  1. The OPAC is used to find materials in the Library.
    Core I - K S T A
  2. The OPAC is used to find materials from home.
    Core I - K S T A
  3. Change Image on the OPAC
    Core I - K A
    Core II - K S A

No comments:

Post a Comment